Let me just start by saying that I was not at all a willing participant in this journey. I backed in to it....reluctantly. I had spent years carefully avoiding the scales........and mirrors......or any surface that might cast a reflection. That was reality. People always say that if you visualize your true inner thinner person, that your outside can do nothing else but match that. Nice try. Total bullshit. Funyuns and toffee ice cream effectively preclude your inner thinner person. Body slamming while laughing hysterically may be more accurate. So much for the power of visualization.
That's why I started this journey calling it my "goddamned diet"lets call it what it is. I joked about a possible book deal: Page 1) Don't eat if you're not hungry. Page 2) Eat an ass load of fruits and vegetables. Page 3) Shut up and deal with it!....you're on a goddamned diet!!
I knew I had to find something that worked for me. No Adkins......No South Beach....No Weight Watchers (good god!....don't ask me to do the freakin' math!) No deprivation......spiritual suicide via lettuce wedges and lemon water. Step # 1 was a visit to the doctor. I'm a pre-menopausal woman. My days of bungee jumping as a fitness program are long over. I could damage something I may have a use for later.
So here we are at the beginning of my journey. I have committed to "Nancy's goddamned diet" and "Nancy's goddamned fitness program" for 1 year. This is the year before my daughter Hilary's wedding. Let me just say that the possibility being "Jabba, mother-of-the-bride"in all those wedding photos is a powerful motivator.
I have 100 pounds to lose. I've asked myself over and over "can I really do this?"........"with just diet and exercise?" To be honest, I don't want my gastric bypassed....or my lap banded. I don't want to be nipped or tucked or lipo-sucked. As of this writing, approximately 7 weeks into my journey, I've lost 11 1/2 pounds....or 46 sticks of butter. Somehow that sounds more impressive.
Amazing what you can see when you stop chewing long enough to look. But there will be more about that later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment