I'm home sick today and let me just tell you that my animals have gone completely insane. To say that the dogs have been a little clingy would fail to convey the degree to which they've been all over me today. The cats have also stuck close. Resting is difficult because the animals are wedged in against me at every possible bend or crevice. Misha has draped herself over my head and will not be moved. Dimitrius wants to be draped over my neck.
For a while there I was touched at how much they really care. "Awwwwww.......they know mama's sick and want her to feel better" Then it dawned on me that my fevered body was generating some pretty irresistible warmth on this cold and rainy day........little bastards. The dogs have never liked the cats getting too close and Willie has taken it upon herself to press her fuzzy face in to whatever infinitesimal space that might be found between me and the nearest feline heat seeking missile.
Since sleep is difficult amongst all of these freeloaders, I turned on the TV. Why did nobody tell me that daytime TV is a vast wasteland of infomercials and all baby daddy DNA tests all the time!? Who is freakin' in charge here? Is there some overpaid underage whiz kid controlling the programming!?Let me just say to you whoever you are, that the day of reckoning is approaching and you will have to explain Maury Povitch to the powers that be. Take that little bit of possibility to the dermatologist with you sport. I'm just sayin'
So I'm feeling lousy. For those of you that don't know me, I am a G I A N T B A B Y when I'm not feeling well. My sister Ann is terribly stoic about her health. "Hi Ann.....how are you?" "Oh..I'm better now" "What?.... you were sick?" "Yes....just a little walking pneumonia....but I'm feeling better now.......I'm out of intensive care" Alrighty then. I have a sniffle and people start screening my fucking calls. "Oh my God!!...it's Nancy again!......would somebody please take her some soup so she'll shut up!!!" Yes......this is my life. Hilary will call.."I'm so sorry you're sick mama....would you like me to bring you some soup?" *sniff* *cough cough* "yes please". "Well I can't because I'm working right now" Alrighty then.
Such is my life.....and I'm feeling puny......and....and......and I'm annoying even me right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment