I'm minding my own business this afternoon and I stumble across a little article profiling a dance club called "Bounce" that caters to fat people. I'm sorry.....that's "heavy set" or "larger framed" individuals. "Fat" is evidently no longer politically correct. This is a club where us fat girls can wear reveling clothing and very short skirts thereby publicly exhibiting our, for the most part, truly heinous sense of style (sorry ladies....you know it's true) Let me just remind you people that I am a fat girl and you would have to get me severely liquored up to even show my chubby ankles in public. Does that make me a traitor to the cause?.....I don't think so.
Now what makes me really angry about this article is the two cents from the skinny bitch contingent who feel that it may not be the best idea for fat girls to feel too comfortable with themselves or feel too accepted by the general public because ostracizing, discrimination and humiliation are powerful motivators for a person to lose weight. Please don't take this the wrong way.......but I think it would be prudent and all together fitting if all you people, fat and thin, who agree with this statement, would please take a moment and head to your nearest expressway and check those double yellow lines reeeeeaaaally closely......kneel down and take a nice long look. Don't worry about the traffic. If you are still alive afterward, you can go home and kiss my ass.
Most of us fat girls are on our individual goddamned diets NOT because we want to wear tight and revealing clothing, NOT because we want to show off our thick thighs in short skirts, NOT because we want to shake our groove things along with the skinny girls at the dance club, but because we want to feel comfortable and healthy in our own skins. We aren't interested in your opinion or your feeble-minded judgement. I personally am highly motivated by my increasing ability to put on my shoes and breathe simultaneously. It's the small things folks. It's the small things.
Although I choose not to dress in spandex and boogie the night away (we all know my coordination issues). I fully support a fat girl's right to do so if she chooses, in an environment where she is not laughed at or sent home on the ass end of the velvet rope because she doesn't look like Cindy Crawford. I would encourage all "larger framed" ladies to embark on a diet and weight loss program if for no other reason than the ability to rise from a kneeling position without the use of equipment that beeps when in reverse. This was a powerful motivator for me because my job requires frequent kneeling. After only 27 pounds(grrrrrrrr.......fucking plateau!) I'm amazed at all the new things I can do like breathing, rolling over in bed, putting on undergarments without falling forward, and exiting my car with one leg out and one leg in instead of having to swing both legs forward and grip the door frame. These are the things that keep me going, and amazingly enough, require no input from society at large. Hmmmmmmm.
There is a lesson here people. Lets learn it. If not, you can always check those double yellow lines. Good luck with that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ahhh, the Skinny Bitches, they know what is best until they become one of the fat chicks...yes, all you not currently weight challenged, it happens. It is so easy to look at someone and judge and to assume it is as easy to change a life-long pattern as to "Just say no". You can't say no to food, not for terribly long, anyway. It is a necessity of life, not like cigarettes, alcohol and various assorted other drugs of choice. Mom, used to say she was trying to make friends with her food....wrong again, mom. It is best to not make friends, better to make a treaty: food leaves me alone, I leave food alone. Wait, what do I hear????? Little bag of M&M's from last Christmas???? I hear you....I'm coming to save you! Damn, they are fiendish!!!!
ReplyDelete