Friday, November 13, 2009

Q-tip Madness

It's a sad time when I can't walk the dogs because it's raining. It's not that I mind not exercising, but the dogs go slightly stir crazy. We have been house bound for 3 days now and the natives are getting restless. Let me just say for the record that my weight held at 31 pounds lost (or 124 sticks of butter) this week. This is what I get for not stepping up to tackle the dreaded two-headed, fire breathing, leslie Sansone monster. I've been coming home after dark and.......since I have no working mini blinds, have been reluctant to scare the neighbors with a stage lit view of me trying to walk in place.

With that said........and accepting full responsibility for failure to exercise my dogs for 3 straight days......there is no excuse for Nickolai's behavior. Lets just start with the Q-tips shall we? I bought a large box of Q tips for regular ear maintenance on my freakin' zoo animals and set it on the dining room table, where it was left for the night. I found them the next morning scattered all over the living room floor. Nickolai loves to open things and it's not like I don't know that about him. I cleaned up the mess and put them up high. I came home from work that evening and he had gotten to the Q-tips again. "Seriously Nickolai?!" I'm wondering how he managed. I clean up the mess again and stuff the box up on the bookshelf.

So by now you're wondering why I don't just put them in the bathroom cabinet like normal people. I like to keep them handy in the event of a successful kitty ear cleaning hijack mission. Those of you with cats will get my reasoning here. So the Q-tips are on the bookshelf and I find them scattered again on the floor. OK.....this is starting to scare me a little. He has clearly recruited the cats for his evil master plan. So, this morning I stuff them in a large glass vase on the table.......and again.....I came home tonight to scattered Q-tips. I think there may be 10 left in the box. The remaining 8 gazillion are mangled and wet and in the trash. So much for keeping them conveniently located. Nickolai's search and destroy tactics have seen to that.

Tomorrow is Saturday which means off-lead romping at the ponds. Thank God!!! My poor dogs are sorely in need. Last night I saw Nickolai waltzing in to the living room with a 2 quart glass casserole dish in his mouth. I had just finished the last of it and he decided it needed a pre-wash. What can I say?? the boy is multi talented!

No comments:

Post a Comment