Sunday, October 17, 2010

Lackademics

You may have noticed a shift away from diet topics in my blog. Over these last few weeks I have seriously considered changing the title of my blog to reflect the shift in the working mechanism of my life. Although weight issues and my failing memory, not to mention the slow giving way of all connective tissue that keeps me from becoming a puddle, continue to be major issues in my life, I have decided to focus the thrust of my ravings on the one issue we all face; survival.

For all of you living cash- only in a credit littered world......in a job that fails to pay you enough to make ends meet.....I welcome you to the wonderful world of Lackademia: The Art of Living Below Poverty Level.

Has the world really come to this? Does electric really cost more than a designer dress or an 80 year old bottle of Cognac? Has meat really become a once yearly splurge? Can Ramen noodles be considered a food group? Are fresh vegetables a distant dream? Does On Demand really want to charge me $6.99 to watch Iron Man 2? seriously? For all of my brothers and sisters out there living in the dark with their thermostats set at 60.........I am here to light the way.

We must dig deep and find creative ways to augment our income. I paint doggie portraits to earn a little extra money. Of course I'm not really sure how this actually pans out. I'm waiting for the results of the feasibility study to determine the expense of electric light weighed against the potential income made possible by the extraneous usage of said electric light and its impact on the future purchase of fingerless gloves at Wal-Mart because it's FUCKING COLD IN HERE!!

Chins up kids. Just because our elected officials are sitting in their warm and well lit chambers perusing their latest medical test results that were fully funded by their ultra exclusive health insurance as they try to decide between the lobster or Kobe beef for lunch is no need for hostility or negativity.

Center your chi.

Think positively.

Embrace your creative self.


.......and watch for my next blog; "Dropping dead on the job as a viable alternative to retirement"

No comments:

Post a Comment